- July 25th-August 3rd 2020
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO SEE AND DO
To all my ladies craving a fresh breeze, and a stroll under a carefree sun, fresh coconut watah, We’re so happy to announce that registration for our ‘Gyal Dem Sugar Retreat’ is finally open! Come join us in this very special women-only get-away to the lush and beautiful island of Jamaica. Do me a favour–pause a moment and check your heart. Listen. Don’t you deserve some time away for yourself? Away from the tired, old ruts, the same school stress, and constant house mess? It’s time for an adventure with your sisters in spirit. Give yourself the gift of a unique experience and book with us. Start your planning now. Next July is going to be a big one for us as we celebrate our 5-year anniversary. We want you as you are: hide your hair or don’t care; married and musty; single and happy; broken hearted and healing; or anything between or beyond, we welcome you. This is for women of all faiths because we know that Jamaica has the power to connect you to yourself and the universal, adventurous nature of others with you! Plunge into fresh mineral baths, waterfalls and lagoons. Savour the natural and gastronomic wonders of Stush In The Bush; down to earth organic farming; as well as exclusive fine dining in the hills. Climb the Blue Mountains (it’s ok, no special gear necessary), visit the Rasta School of Vision and experience true local culture! This is your time to have an experience of a lifetime. Plan it and, as Jamaican’s say, reach!
$2,450 US PER PERSON (excluding airfare, lunches, remaining dinners)
* 10 first to register get 2,300$ US per person
*May pay in instalments
This will cover the following:
- Private transportation across the island for 9 days
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- All accommodation (please note that we will stay in Jamaican owned guest houses and hotels only)
- Daily breakfast and two complimentary dinners
- Entrance to all major and lesser known attractions/ tourist sites in every parish (Kingston, Portland, St-Ann)
Please note: All international flights to and from Jamaica are *not* included in the price.
THE TOUR WILL LAST 9 DAYS AND WE WILL VISIT THE FOLLOWING CITIES:
- Portland (5 nights)
- Kingston (3 nights)
DAY 1: Portland
Arrive in Kingston and meet the rest of the group. From Kingston, we’ll make our way to Portland (3h30 minute drive). Upon arrival at our villa, you can relax, unwind, mingle and enjoy refreshments. You’ll meet the Burgundy Roots team, enjoy a group dinner and get to know eachother better.
DAY 2: Portland
- Beach day, boat ride and cookout. Enjoy a cookout on a deserted beach. Stretch, swim and eat!
- Daily class with Mustafa Briggs
DAY 3: Portland
- Waterfalls: Waterfall cookout, swim, dive and explore beautiful local falls!
- Living Daylights Cafe: documentary screening followed by a conscious, roots Reggae music.
DAY 4: Portland
- Beach morning
- Indigenous community visit
- Evening class with Mustafa Briggs
DAY 5: Portland
- Secret local beach day and beach cookout
- Evening class with Mustafa Briggs
DAY 6: Kingston/ St-Ann’s (3 hour drive)
- Organic farm visit: It is a love story. It is the combination of Rastafari and Chic. It is the blending of ‘Ital’ farming and exotic vegetables. It is the love of mother nature and the love of fine dining. It is rustic and it is gourmet. (3 hour drive from Portland to St-Ann’s)
- After our farm visit, we will make our way to the iconic city of Kingston and spend our last 3 nights. (3 hour drive from St-Ann’s to Kingston)
DAY 7: Kingston
- Spanish town mosque visit (Jamaica’s very first mosque)
- Rasta community mountain hike
- Lunch at Eits Cafe (farm to table)
DAY 8: Kingston
- Kingston mosque
- Bob Marley museum/ Coffee Estate Tour
- Farewell dinner in a private estate in the Blue Mountains
DAY 9: Departure day
WHO IS THIS TOUR SUITABLE FOR?
This tour will appeal to culture and nature lovers. Our retreats are very unique and off the beaten path, we provide an authentic experience and bring guests to parts of Jamaica that operate by their own rhythm and do not cater to tourists. We strongly believe in giving back locally and that is why we chose to lodge in locally owned guest houses and/or villas. We ask that at our guests be open to various experiences; traveling with heart open and spirit ready! This is a path to enriching yourself while giving back to local communities.
All EU citizens, American, Canadian and UK citizens do not require a visa upon entry. All other world citizens must apply for a visa in advance. Please contact us for advice.
To book your place on the tour, please complete the form below to hold your slot. We will be in touch with you upon receiving your form. For further information about the trip, please contact us. If you would like to join us for a future tour, join our mailing list and we’ll be sure to share information about upcoming retreats!