- June 26th- July 4th, 2019 .
What you can expect to see and do
Burgundy Roots introduces Blue Mango Retreat, a new way to enjoy an authentic experience of the lush and spiritual island of Jamaica. On this, our tenth retreat, we add a special focus, tickling and delighting your taste buds as we explore spices, foods and meals prepared by local experts. As we go, you will learn the history of your meals, which grants you a gut understanding of a charismatic, influential and indomitable culture. Savour a perfect ‘Ital’ cookout using a handful of scallions, thyme, and coconut milk. Restaurant hop on a popular roadside stretch in Port-Antonio, learn about traditional Maroon food. Digest the natural and gastronomic wonders of Stush In The Bush, down to earth organic farming, as well as exclusive fine dining in the hills. Blue Mango is a full course you won’t ever forget. Be clear, we have not forgotten our first roots in nature adventures, so you will also get to dive into gorgeous lagoons and beaches, and take in eye-feasts like the Blue and John Crow mountains (both UNESCO World Heritage sites).
$1,950 US PER PERSON (excluding airfare, lunches, remaining dinners) – Valid before Nov. 30th 2018
$2,050 US PER PERSON (excluding airfare, lunches, remaining dinners)
This will cover the following:
- Private transportation across the island for 9 days
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- All accommodation (please note that we will stay in Jamaican owned guest houses and hotels only)
- Daily breakfast and two complimentary dinners
- Entrance to all major and lesser known attractions/ tourist sites in every parish (Kingston, Portland, St-Ann)
Please note: All international flights to and from Jamaica are *not* included in the price.
THE TOUR WILL LAST 9 DAYS AND WE WILL VISIT THE FOLLOWING CITIES:
- Portland (5 nights)
- Kingston (3 nights)
DAY 1: Portland
Arrive in Kingston and meet the rest of the group. From Kingston, we’ll make our way to Portland (3h30 minute drive). Upon arrival at our villa, you can relax, unwind, mingle and enjoy refreshments. You’ll meet the Burgundy Roots team, enjoy a group dinner and get to know eachother better.
DAY 2: Portland
- Beach day, boat ride and cookout. Enjoy a cookout on a deserted beach. Stretch, swim and eat!
DAY 3: Portland
- Waterfalls: Waterfall cookout, swim, dive and explore these beautiful local falls!
- Port-Antonio town exploration
DAY 4: Portland
- Private beach day
- Indigenous community visit
- Living Daylights Cafe: documentary night followed by a Roots Reggae jam/party
DAY 5: Portland
- Secret local beach day with cooking lessons
DAY 6: Kingston/ St-Ann’s (3 hour drive)
- Organic farm visit: It is a love story. It is the combination of Rastafari and Chic. It is the blending of ‘Ital’ farming and exotic vegetables. It is the love of mother nature and the love of fine dining. It is rustic and it is gourmet.
- After our farm visit, we will make our way to the iconic city of Kingston and spend our last 3 nights.
DAY 7: Kingston
- Bob Marley Museum
- Rasta community meet
- Lunch (farm to table)
DAY 8: Kingston
- Coronation market
- Coffee Estate Tour
- Farm to table lunch in a private estate in the Blue Mountains
DAY 9: Departure day
Who is this tour suitable for?
This tour will appeal to food, culture and nature lovers. Our retreats are very unique and off the beaten path, we provide an authentic experience and bring guests to parts of Jamaica that operate by their own rhythm and do not cater to tourists. We strongly believe in giving back locally and that is why we chose to lodge in locally owned guest houses and/or villas. We ask that at our guests be open to various experiences; traveling with heart open and spirit ready! This is a path to enriching yourself while giving back to local communities. This is a chance to ground yourself in a graceful adventure and, through it, discover universal roots. Every excursion is carefully designed to give you genuine exposure to true culture and nature. Our goal is to curate a spiritual, holistic and yet adventurous experience for you—this won’t be about all-day tanning, gift shop rasta hats and beachside braids. And of course there’s nothing wrong with those things, we just want to rejuvenate you in an extraordinary way, in a way that is unique and leaves a lifelong impression.
All EU citizens, American, Canadian and UK citizens do not require a visa upon entry. All other world citizens must apply for a visa in advance. Please contact us for advice.
To book your place on the tour, please complete the form below to hold your slot. We will be in touch with you upon receiving your form. For further information about the trip, please contact us. If you would like to join us for a future tour, join our mailing list and we’ll be sure to share information about upcoming retreats!