- August 10th- 16th 2021
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO SEE AND DO
In collaboration with Sacred Footsteps, we are so blessed to share details about our forthcoming tour to Jamaica! The history of Islam in the Caribbean remains a mystery to many, but on this retreat you will discover that there are a number of small, burgeoning communities all around the island. You will learn about the origins of Islam in Jamaica (which go back to the voyages of ‘discovery’!) with renowned lecturer Mustafa Briggs.
We’ll visit Jamaica’s very first mosque, pray in peace, remember Allah, and enjoy an exquisite five-course farm-to-table meal at Stush in the Bush organic farm. You’ll also have the opportunity to take in Jamaica’s unspoiled nature and swim in breathtaking waterfalls, beaches and lagoons. We’ll hike up the famous Blue Mountains, where we’ll visit one of the island’s oldest Rasta communities and dissolve all ignorant misconceptions about the island and its proud people.
This won’t be about all day tanning, beachside braids and gift shop Rasta hats (not that there’s anything wrong with that); we just want to rejuvenate you in a different way. After all, we travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us, right? We want to share the glory, struggles and beauty of this island- a BEAST of an island, as you will find out!
$1,990 US PER PERSON (excluding airfare)
*May be paid in instalments
This will cover the following:
- Private transportation across the island for 7 days
- Airport transfers
- All accommodations
- All meals (halal, vegetarian & vegan options available)
- All attractions
- Daily classes with Mustafa Briggs
- A curated and unique itinerary of Jamaica’s most beautiful places
- Tour curators and guides available at all times
Please note: All international flights to and from Jamaica are *not* included in the price.
THE TOUR WILL LAST 7 DAYS AND WE WILL VISIT THE FOLLOWING CITIES:
- Portland (4 nights)
- Kingston (2 nights)
DAY 1: Portland
- Arrive in Kingston and meet the rest of the group. From Kingston, we’ll make our way to Portland (3h30 minute drive). Upon arrival at our villa, you can relax, unwind, mingle and enjoy refreshments. We will have our welcome dinner and get to know eachother better.
DAY 2: Portland
- Blue Lagoon, Port Antonio visit and a permaculture cafe in the hills.
DAY 3: Portland
- Waterfalls, lunch at the beach and a secret place in the hills
DAY 4: Portland
- Frenchman’s Cove beach day and surprise evening.
DAY 5: Leave Portland and drive to St-Ann’s (Duration: 3h30 min)
- Stush in the Bush organic farm: It is a love story, a magical fusion of Rastafari and chic. It is the blending of ‘Ital’ farming and exotic vegetables. It is the love of mother nature and the love of fine dining. It is rustic and it is gourmet. (3 hour drive from Portland to St-Ann’s)
- After our farm visit, we will make our way to the iconic city of Kingston and spend our last 2 nights.
DAY 6: Kingston
- Visit Kingston’s mosque (Central Masjid) and meet its Imam.
- Hike up the Blue Mountains to visit a Rasta community on the Holy Sabbath
- Late lunch/dinner at Eits Cafe (farm to table organic dining)
DAY 7: Kingston
- Departure day & farewell
WHO IS THIS TOUR SUITABLE FOR?
This tour will appeal to culture and nature lovers. Our retreats are very unique and we provide an authentic experience and bring guests to parts of Jamaica that operate by their own rhythm and do not cater to tourists. We strongly believe in giving back locally and that is why we choose to lodge in locally owned guest houses and/or villas. We ask that at our guests be open to various experiences, traveling with heart open and spirit ready! This is a path to enriching yourself while giving back to local communities.
All EU citizens, American, Canadian and UK citizens do not require a visa upon entry. All other world citizens must apply for a visa in advance. Please contact us for advice.
How many people should you expect?
Approx 30 guests.
How many people will you be rooming with?
We room 2 / 3 guests per room with an en suite bathroom in each room. Men will room with men and women with women; unless, of course, you’re travelling with your spouse or partner.
Will we be staying in 5 star resorts?
We stay in Jamaican-owned villas and guest houses. Our accommodations are clean and comfortable The emphasis is not on luxury, but on a practical room for a good night’s rest and grounds that are inspiring.
Is it open to couples?
Yes, we welcome couples, singles and families (depending on the age of the children).
Are people from around the world welcome?
Yes, our retreats are open to all. We meet everyone at the kingston airport and begin our journey there. Pick-ups are done between 10 am – 3 pm.
To book your place on the tour, please complete the form below to hold your slot. We will be in touch with you upon receiving your form. For further information about the trip, please contact us. If you would like to join us for a future tour, join our mailing list and we’ll be sure to share information about upcoming retreats!