Gyal Dem Retreat
- June 28th-July 4th 2021
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO SEE AND DO
Come join us in this very special women-only get-away to the lush and beautiful island of Jamaica. Do me a favour–pause a moment and check your heart. Listen. Don’t you deserve some time away for yourself? Away from the tired, old ruts, the same school stress, and constant house mess? It’s time for an adventure with your sisters in spirit. Give yourself the gift of a unique experience and book with us. Start your planning now.
Next July is going to be a big one for us as we celebrate our 5-year anniversary. We want you as you are: hide your hair or don’t care; married and musty; single and happy; broken hearted and healing; or anything between or beyond, we welcome you.
This is for women of all faiths because we know that Jamaica has the power to connect you to yourself and the universal, adventurous nature of others with you! Plunge into fresh mineral baths, waterfalls and lagoons. Savour the natural and gastronomic wonders of Stush In The Bush; down to earth organic farming; as well as exclusive fine dining in the hills. Climb the Blue Mountains (it’s ok, no special gear necessary), visit the Rasta School of Vision and experience true local culture! This is your time to have an experience of a lifetime. Plan it and, as Jamaican’s say, reach!
PRICING (EXCLUDING AIRFARE)
$1,990 US PER PERSON (excluding airfare)
*May be paid in 2 instalments
This will cover the following:
- Private transportation across the island for 7 days
- Airport transfers
- All accommodations
- All meals (halal, vegetarian & vegan options available)
- All attractions
- A curated and unique itinerary of Jamaica’s most beautiful places
- Tour curators and guides available at all times
Please note: All international flights to and from Jamaica are *not* included in the price.
THE TOUR WILL LAST 7 DAYS AND WE WILL VISIT THE FOLLOWING CITIES:
- Portland (4 nights)
- Kingston (2 nights)
DAY 1: Portland
- Arrive in Kingston and meet the rest of the group. From Kingston, we’ll make our way to Portland (3h30 minute drive). Upon arrival at our villa, you can relax, unwind, mingle and enjoy refreshments. We will have our welcome dinner and get to know eachother better.
DAY 2: Portland
- Blue Lagoon, Port Antonio visit and a permaculture cafe in the hills.
DAY 3: Portland
- Waterfalls, lunch at the beach and a secret place in the hills
DAY 4: Portland
- Frenchman’s Cove beach day and surprise evening.
DAY 5: Leave Portland and drive to St-Ann’s (Duration: 3h30 min)
- Stush in the Bush organic farm: It is a love story, a magical fusion of Rastafari and chic. It is the blending of ‘Ital’ farming and exotic vegetables. It is the love of mother nature and the love of fine dining. It is rustic and it is gourmet. (3 hour drive from Portland to St-Ann’s)
- After our farm visit, we will make our way to the iconic city of Kingston and spend our last 2 nights.
DAY 6: Kingston
- Visit Kingston’s mosque (Central Masjid) and meet its Imam.
- Hike up the Blue Mountains to visit a Rasta community on the Holy Sabbath
- Late lunch/dinner at Eits Cafe (farm to table organic dining)
DAY 7: Kingston
- Departure day & farewell
WHO IS THIS TOUR SUITABLE FOR?
This tour will appeal to culture and nature lovers. Our retreats are very unique and we provide an authentic experience and bring guests to parts of Jamaica that operate by their own rhythm and do not cater to tourists. We strongly believe in giving back locally and that is why we choose to lodge in locally owned guest houses and/or villas. We ask that our guests be open to various experiences, traveling with heart open and spirit ready! This is a path to enriching yourself while giving back to local communities.
All EU citizens, American, Canadian and UK citizens do not require a visa upon entry. All other world citizens must apply for a visa in advance. Please contact us for advice.
How many people should you expect?
Approx 30 guests.
How many people will you be rooming with?
We room 2 / 3 guests per room with an en suite bathroom in each room. Men will room with men and women with women; unless, of course, you’re travelling with your spouse or partner.
Will we be staying in 5 star resorts?
We stay in Jamaican-owned villas and guest houses. Our accommodations are clean and comfortable. The emphasis is not on luxury, but on a practical room for a good night’s rest and grounds that are inspiring.
Is it open to couples?
Yes, we welcome couples, singles and families (depending on the age of the children).
Are people from around the world welcome?
Yes, our retreats are open to all. We meet everyone at the Kingston airport and begin our journey there. Pick-ups are done between 1 pm– 3 pm.
To book your place on the tour, please complete the form below to hold your slot. We will be in touch with you upon receiving your form. For further information about the trip, please contact us. If you would like to join us for a future tour, join our mailing list and we’ll be sure to share information about upcoming retreats!