- December 2019 (To be announced)
What you can expect to see and do
Our Morocco Madness retreat will take you across six cities and you’ll come to truly feel the difference between a traveler and a foreigner. Forget the ‘chi chi frou frou’ instagrammable, romanticized Morocco everyone longs for. We want you to connect with our traditional North African culture. Yes there will be breathtaking Riyads, luxurious palaces and Souqs (market places) but what makes Morocco so unique is the warmth of its people and the blend of African, Arab and Berber heritage. Morocco Madness will be a unique 12 day road trip across 6 cities. Casablanca, Marrakech, Ait Ben Haddou, Merzouga desert, Fez and Chefchawen. If you dig a genuine experience; bring a book, a pillow or lover, a friend, podcasts, stories, a set of dominoes and your sense of adventure. Travel with heart open and spirit ready!
$2,200 US PER PERSON (excluding airfare)
This will cover the following:
- Private transportation across the Morocco for 12 days
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- All accommodations for 11 nights
- Daily breakfast and 6 complimentary dinners
- Entrance to all major and lesser known attractions/ tourist sites in every city
Please note: All international flights to and from Morocco are *not* included in the price.
THE TOUR WILL LAST 12 DAYS AND WE WILL VISIT THE FOLLOWING CITIES:
- Casablanca (2 nights)
- Marrakech (1 night)
- Ait Ben Haddou (1 night)
- Merzouga (2 nights)
- Fez (3 nights)
- Chefchawen (2 nights)
DAY 1: Casablanca
Arrive at the Casablanca airport and meet the rest of our group. From there, we’ll make our way to our hotel to relax, unwind and mingle. We’ll get to know eachother better over a delicious dinner in one of Casablanca’s most popular restaurant. If you’re a foodie, come hungry!
DAY 2: Casablanca/Marrakech
- Enjoy a fresh Moroccan breakfast and visit the beautiful Hassan II mosque for a private tour; it is the second largest mosque in Africa and it sits right at the edge of the mediterranean sea. A true sight to behold!
- Departure for Marrakech : Free evening to explore Marrakech!
DAY 3: Marrakech/ Ait Ben Haddou
- Enjoy a walk through the Jardin Majorelle, it took French painter Jacques Majorelle forty years of passion and dedication to create this enchanting garden. After his death, the garden was then purchased and restored by designer Yves Saint-Laurent.
- Located in the foothills on the southern slopes of the High Atlas in the Province of Ouarzazate, Ait Ben Haddou is a fortified village, along the former caravan route between the Sahara and Marrakech.
DAY 4: Merzouga Desert
- Spend two nights in the beautiful Saharan desert. Visit the local town of Merzouga, enjoy some time alone and stories under the stars! There’s something about the silence of the desert that brings us closer to eachother.
DAY 5: Merzouga Desert
- Merzouga town and souq exploration
- Camel ride in the desert
- Night under the stars
DAY 6: Fez
- Fez is the spiritual capital of Morocco, it is filled with artisans, alleyways, cafes and a rich culture of hospitality. Many are unaware that the first university in the world was built in Fez 880 AD; the University of Al-Qaraouiyine was founded by Fatima bin Mohammed Al-Fihriya. We can’t wait to share its inner beauty with you!
DAY 7: Fez
- Medina exploration day
- Special evening in our Riad
DAY 8: Fez
- Free time
- Hammam (bath house/SPA afternoon)
DAY 9: Chefchawen
- Chefchawen is a city in the Rif Mountains of northwest Morocco. It is known for the striking, blue-washed buildings of its old town. Leather and weaving workshops line its steep cobbled lanes. Save your shopping for Chawen, where you’ll find the most unique things in all of Morocco!
DAY 10: Chefchawen
- Free exploration of Chefchawen
DAY 11: Casablanca
- We’ll return to Casablanca for our final night. A little farewell party, plenty of delicious food and blessed company!
DAY 12: Departure day
Who is this tour suitable for?
This tour will appeal to food, culture and nature lovers. Our retreats are very unique and off the beaten path, we provide an authentic experience and bring guests to parts of Morocco that operate by their own rhythm and do not cater to tourists. Please note that it is a road trip; we will be spending a lot of time on the road exploring and stopping at various sights such as the Monkey Valley, Todra Gorge (a serious of limestone river canyons), Berber villages and more. We ask that at our guests be open to various experiences; traveling with heart open and spirit ready! This is a path to enriching yourself while giving back to local communities. This is a chance to ground yourself in a graceful adventure and, through it, discover universal roots.
Every excursion is carefully designed to give you genuine exposure to true culture and nature. Our goal is to curate a spiritual, holistic yet adventurous experience. We want to rejuvenate you in an extraordinary way, in a way that is unique and leaves a lifelong impression.
All EU citizens, American, Canadian and UK citizens do not require a visa upon entry.
All other world citizens must apply for a visa in advance. Please contact us for advice.
To book your place on the tour, please complete the form below to hold your slot. We will be in touch with you upon receiving your form. For further information about the trip, please contact us. If you would like to join us for a future tour, join our mailing list and we’ll be sure to share information about upcoming retreats!